Dying is easy... Living Healthy takes work!
You may be confused by this statement, or just do not even know what is means. This is not a catch phrase. It is a statement of fact!
People are making lifestyle choices to not be healthy. People are making daily lifestyle choices that cause sickness, disease, and early death. People know what it takes to be healthy, they just don't do it. Reasons and excuses are abundant. I have come to the conclusion that dying is easy. It is easy for people to make the choices that cause sickness and disease. It is easy to come up with reasons and excuses to not get or maintain health: Time! Money! Let's be honest, when we do get sick, it cost more money and more time to deal with the sickness. Let's look at some statistics:
- The U.S. spends $2.3 TRILLION dollars annually on healthcare.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) ranks the healthcare of the U.S. 37th among organized nations
- 75% of healthcare costs are accounted for by chronic diseasesdignissim
- For the first time ever, parents are expected to live longer than their children
- What we have been doing is not working
- 30% of boys and 40% of girls are at risk for developing Type 2 Diabetes
- 30% of the US population is now considered obese and 60% of the US population is overweight
- There are 23.6 million people in the U.S. who have Type 2 Diabetes (this represents 8% of the US population)
- There are 57 million people in the U.S. with Pre-Diabetes
- In the past 30 years, new cases of Type 2 Diabetes has doubled with most diagnosis occurring in the people who are obese
- 20% of American four year olds are obese
- Obesity doubles the risk of heart failure and triples the risk of breast cancer in women
- Genetics only play a very small role. Only 2% of ALL disease is genetic, which means 98% IS DUE TO LIFESTYLE CHOICES!
"Studies have shown that changing lifestyle could prevent at least 90% of all heart disease. Thus, the disease that accounts for more premature deaths and cost Americans more than any other illness is almost completely preventable, and even reversible, simply by changing lifestyle." Says Dr. Dean Ornish
I have known people that at the expense of their health, they have spent time acquiring wealth. When the time comes in their life to enjoy that wealth, the wealth gets spent taking care of the poor health. I have seen retired people with enough money to enjoy life, but couldn't, because the money could not buy back their time to fix the problem that started 30 years ago. How about avoiding poor health as much as possible before it becomes an issue?
It is a minority of people who make the necessary decisions to bring health or maintain health in their lives. It will help ensure their future is one of health and wellness, not sickness and disease. What is being passed to future generations?
The state of our country today is that our health care system gets an 'F'. The U.S. has the highest death rate of infants before 2 years old. The U.S. ranks 2nd to last in life longevity. The U.S. is the most depressed country in the world. The U.S. is the world leader in adult and childhood obesity. The U.S. is dead last in longevity for people 60 years of age plus- meaning other countries lifespan is longer than ours!
What is it going to take? It takes breaking the pattern of ease and the quick fix mentality. It takes breaking the pattern of not changing what we do, but taking a pill for everything. And let's not blame ourselves, but genetics. Stop it! It simply is not the case. In reality, it has taken 40 years to radically change the health of the American population. And this has NOT been a good change. We have strayed from doing it the right way, to doing it the quick easy way. The leaders in healthcare have failed. The stats speak for themselves.
It is my hope, prayer, and vision that this statement of fact will be taken seriously to change the health perception of each individual in our community, our country, and our world! Living healthy does take work. It takes knowledge. Hosea 4:6 says "my people will be destroyed because they have no knowledge. They have refused to learn."
It takes being a louder voice than the deception of the current "health care" in our country. Its going to take equally as long to break this pattern and get healthy again. I will help you however I can to reverse this pattern, change thoughts and perspectives in my community. And being a part of the Maximized Living movement worldwide, others like me are doing the same for their community. Together with a common vision, we will strive to make changes to the health of our country. Living Healthy takes work, Let's get to work!
I CAN help you! Call Living Healthy Chiropractic NOW at 512-345-7400.
-Dr. Jeff Gancas